When you are driving around looking for the perfect restaurant to eat at, do you often get tired of seeing the same fast food chains and pizza places everywhere you go? If so, here are some amazing places that you should definitely check out, (I’ve eaten at all places several times so I can guarantee it’s awesome).
- If you are looking for a place with delicious Japanese food, check out Sekisui. Personally, it’s my favorite spot for sushi and their Deluxe House Salad is definitely a favorite. I eat there constantly, and the waitresses always recognize my family and are very friendly.
- If you’ve never tried hummus or falafel, I recommend Casablanca. This restaurant has sort of a mix between Greek, Mediterranean, and Moroccan food. It’s my favorite place to get salmon because of the mystery spices added to it, and the sauce they always serve with it. Their tea has a very distinct taste to it; it’s not too sweet but you can taste the honey added to it. If you add some of their lemonade, that’s definitely the way to go.
- Kabob International is a locally owned restaurant with spectacular Middle Eastern food. Every time I go, I get their chicken because of the lemony mustard sauce they put on it, making it very flavorful. They also offer a lot of good Vegetarian options.
- This next one I wouldn’t exactly call it “ethnic” food, but it’s definitely something you wouldn’t expect in the Memphis area. The Wild Beet Salad Co. is the key restaurant for people who love salads, or would like to try salad. When you walk in, there are several salad options on the walk you can choose from; you can also add ingredients to any of them if you’d like. You also have the option to make your own salad. After you pick one of their homemade dressings or vinaigrettes, you can choose for your salad to be in a bowl or in a pita wrap. It’s definitely a cool experience.
- If you are looking for some awesome Asian noodles, visit Bangkok Alley and you’ll definitely receive what you’ve been waiting for. It’s a Thai restaurant with great noodle dishes and spicy curries. I am a simple person, so I always order their Pad Thai and it’s the best. Watch out for the spicy foods on the menu, try them if you dare.
If your mouth is already watering after reading this, go visit these places!